It’s time to start thinking about continuing your Scouting journey by joining a Boy Scout Troop!
We hope you have enjoyed your time as a Cub Scout and you are ready for some new challenges. Bethesda’s Troop 233 may be just the place for you! To help you learn about the fun and learning that awaits you at Bethesda’s Troop 233, we have created a series of events in which you can get to know our Scouts, Troop and leaders.
We are a boy-led troop that takes seriously the Scout Law and Oath, while also having fun. We typically have one camping or other outdoor activity each month, involving skills development, such as orienteering and cooking, and advancement. Check out this video of recent trips and activities. Also, take a look at our blog for descriptions and photos of recent camping trips. Don’t worry, we’ll help you build the skills and experience to tackle the most physically challenging trips!
The scouts of Troop 233 invite you to learn more about us, by coming to one of our meetings or participating in one of the events listed below. Of course, feel free to reach out to our recruitment committee for more information.
- Klondike Derby – January 28, 2017 – Join Troop for lunch at this fun Scouting activity at Little Bennett Regional Park. Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Presentations to Cub Scout Banquet or Pack meeting – Date TBD. Pack Leaders, to schedule a presentation, please contact the Recruitment Committee at email@example.com.
- Troop Open House meeting for Sr. Webelos and Parents – April 17, 2017 from 7:30-8:30 PM. Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Webelos Woods campout with Crossing-Over Ceremony – May 6-7, 2017 Webelos and parents will be the guests of the Troop. Please RSVP at email@example.com
- Bridging Ceremony at End-of-Year Court of Honor – Date TBD. Pack Leaders, to schedule a presentation, please contact the Recruitment Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Goshen Scout Camp – July 8-15, 2017 – Join Troop for a fun-filled week at this sleepaway camp. Special programming for new Scouts! Ask for details at email@example.com
Open Membership Policy
Troop 233 welcomes all boys, parents and leaders who wish to participate in our activities and support the values of scouting. Since May 2013, our parent committee has affirmed our commitment not to discriminate against families or individuals based on race, religion, national origin or sexual orientation.