Now that you are on your way to earning your Arrow of Light, it’s time to start thinking about continuing your Scouting journey and joining a Boy Scout Troop!
We hope you have enjoyed your time as a Cub Scout and you are ready for some new challenges, new experiences, and new skills! Bethesda’s Troop 233 may be just the place for you! To help you learn about the fun and learning that awaits you at Bethesda’s Troop 233, we have created a series of events in which you can get to know our Scouts, Troop and leaders.
We are a boy-led troop that takes seriously the Scout Law and Oath, while also having fun. We typically have one camping or other outdoor activity each month, involving skills development, such as orienteering and cooking, and advancement. Check out this video of recent trips and activities. Also, take a look at our blog for descriptions and photos of recent camping trips. Don’t worry, we’ll help you build the skills and experience to tackle the most physically challenging trips!
The scouts of Troop 233 invite you to learn more about us, by coming to one of our meetings or Blue & Gold Banquets, or by participating in one of the events listed below. Of course, feel free to reach out to our recruitment committee for more information.
Past and Upcoming Events
- Klondike Derby, Jan 27, 2018 – Have lunch with our troop then participate in the Derby events specifically for Cub Scouts! Please contact the Recruitment Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Troop 233 Presentation at your Pack’s Annual Blue & Gold Banquet – Scouts from Troop 233 will explain in the reasons to join T233 in their own words and show a few slides. Please contact the Recruitment Committee at email@example.com to make arrangements.
- Webelos Woods campout with Crossing-Over Ceremony – April 6-8, 2018 (tentative) Webelos and their parents will be the guests of the Troop. Please RSVP at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bridging Ceremony at End-of-Year Pack Court of Honor – Date TBD. Pack Leaders, to schedule a presentation, please contact the Recruitment Committee at email@example.com.
- Goshen Scout Camp – July 7-14, 2018 – Join Troop for a fun-filled week at this sleepaway camp. Special programming for new Scouts! Ask for details at firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Membership Policy
Troop 233 welcomes all boys, parents and leaders who wish to participate in our activities and support the values of scouting. Since May 2013, our parent committee has affirmed our commitment not to discriminate against families or individuals based on race, religion, national origin or sexual orientation. Families in need of financial assistance are also welcomed and should make inquiries.