Registration Information for Goshen Summer Camp!
We are planning to return to Camp Marriott for the week of July 11-17, 2021. The Commonwealth of Virginia and Goshen Scout Camp Reservation are developing protocols to ensure the safety of all campers, allowing a return to summer camp!
Goshen Summer Camp with Troop 233
Sunday, July 11, 2021 to Saturday, July 17, 2021
- Free Goshen 2021 Hat if paid in full by the early bird date (April 9th).
- FUN, learning, adventure, advancement and LOTS of merit badges!
- Adults very welcome. More adults mean better support for our scouts. First five (5) adults to sign-up are FREE! Weekly fee can be shared by two adults.
What is Goshen?
Goshen Scout Reservation is a full-service camp about three hours from DC near Lexington, VA, in the Blue Ridge Mountains, in some of the most beautiful country in America. In 2021, we intend to return to Camp Marriott, which has a full lake waterfront on the camp’s own private 450-acre Lake Merriweather offering swimming, boating, kayaking and fishing. Other features include patrol cooking, a rifle-shotgun-archery range, Nature, Scoutcraft & Handicraft areas, hiking trails, trading post, & a “New Scout Quest” teaching area.
Camp Marriott Program Information including Merit Badge Classes.
For older scouts, Goshen offers several custom activities, including Vets, ATV, Climbing, Project COPE (Challenging Outdoor Personal Experience).
New Scouts, including Sr. Webelos transitioning to Boy Scouts, can complete some Scout, Tenderfoot, Second Class & First Class requirements while at camp. [Note, Troop 233 requires senior scouts to sign-off on rank advancement requirements.] Numerous opportunities for fun, advancement, service and LOTS of MERIT BADGES, some of which (e.g. Lifesaving or Swimming) are difficult to earn outside of summer camp.
Programs at Goshen:
Check out the Camp Marriott page which includes information on merit badge sign-ups and detailed program descriptions. More details coming shortly.
Click here for photos from our past summers of fun!
If received BY April 9, 2021 (Early Bird Rate): $440
If received BY May 7, 2021 (Regular Rate): $480
If received AFTER May 7, 2021 (Late Fee included): $520
If received BY April 9, 2021 (Early Bird Rate): $ TBD
If received BY May 7, 2021 (Regular Rate): $ TBD
If received AFTER May 7, 2021 (Late Fee included): $ TBD
Bus Transportation***: $ TBD – unknown at this time if Goshen will do the Bus this year
Embroidery on Goshen Hat (hat is free if paid in full by April 9): $ TBD
ATV Program: $50 – may not be offered this year due to Covid
Shotgun Merit Badge Range Fee: $45
3-day Wilderness First Aid Course (Adults only): $ TBD – unknown if offered this year
* Weekly fee includes a $40 Troop 233 add-on per Scout.
** The first 5 adults to register are free. Adults can split the week. To ensure sufficient adult supervision, the next three (3) adult ‘full week equivalent’ registrations are at no cost to the participants.
*** Typically, most Scouts ride the bus. The NCAC is still evaluating whether a Bus will be offered this year due to COVID-19. If available, the Bus fee is the same regardless of whether roundtrip or one-way. To ensure sufficient adult supervision, the first two (2) adult bus transportation registrations are at no cost to the participants.
Next Steps and Registration
The following checklist includes Scout & Adult requirements and activities in chronological order:
- Complete the online Google registration form.
- Make full payment (see payment options, below).
- Review the Program Schedule and select your merit badges and schedule. Make sure to select your classes early to ensure you get your first choice. Each Scout should plan on a full schedule of activities. Provide selections to email@example.com so that your selections can be sent to Goshen.
- Complete BSA Medical Form (please fill out all forms and have a physician complete Part C) and either scan and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off a hard copy with Brent Keith, 5629 Lamar Road Bethesda, MD 20816. NOTE: Camp Marriott will conduct a medical check of participants (Scouts & Adults) upon unit arrival.
Payments can be done by:
1) Paying with a check payable to Troop 233. Please send an email to email@example.com to let Jay know the check is in the mail and then mail the check to:
7104 Arrowood Rd.
Bethesda, MD 20817
2) Paying with PayPal using the buttons below (includes a $14 convenience fee to cover PayPal fees):
3) Paying with PayPal without fees:
- Login to PayPal
- Click on ‘Pay or Send Money’.
- Click on ‘Send Money to Friends and Family’.
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the email address and click on Next.
- Enter the amount and a note if you wish (e.g. Smith, Goshen, no bus) and click on Continue.
- Click on ‘Select Payment Method’ and choose your money source. If you choose your bank account or PayPal balance, you will not incur a fee. However, if you choose a credit card money source, you (not the troop) will be charged a fee.
- Click on ‘Send Money Now’.
Note: If you choose option #3, above, and a PayPal fee is charged to the transaction, you will be responsible for providing an additional payment to cover the PayPal fees paid by the Troop.
Questions or Need More Info?
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Location and contact info: Goshen Scout Reservation, 340 Millard Burke Memorial Highway, Goshen, VA 24439 Ph: 540-997-5773 or 540-997-1360.
Additional forms and downloads can be found here.