Registration Information for 2018 Goshen Summer Camp!
- Free Goshen 2018 Hat if paid in full by April 10, 2018
- FUN, learning, adventure, advancement and LOTS of merit badges!
- Adults very welcome. More adults mean better support for our scouts. Weekly fee can be shared by two adults.
What is Goshen?
Goshen Scout Reservation is a full-service camp about three hours from DC near Lexington, VA, in the Blue Ridge Mountains, in some of the most beautiful country in America. In 2018, we will return to Camp Marriott, which has a full lake waterfront on the camp’s own private 450-acre Lake Merriweather offering swimming, boating, kayaking and fishing. Other features include patrol cooking, a rifle-shotgun-archery range, Nature, Scoutcraft & Handicraft areas, hiking trails, trading post, & a “Trail to First Class” teaching area.
Camp Marriott Program Information including Merit Badge Classes.
For older scouts, Goshen offers “Trail to Eagle”, a Leadership/Team building course, ATV Program, Climbing Wall & an Extreme Scouting program. See below for links and brochures.
New Scouts, including Sr. Webelos transitioning to Boy Scouts, can complete some Scout, Tenderfoot, Second Class & First Class requirements while at camp. Numerous opportunities for fun, advancement, service and LOTS of MERIT BADGES, some of which (e.g. Lifesaving or Swimming) are difficult to earn outside of summer camp.
Programs at Goshen:
Click here for photos from our 2017 summer of fun!
If received BY April 6, 2018 (Early Bird Rate): $395
If received BY May 11, 2018 (Regular Rate): $435
If received AFTER May 11, 2018 (Late Fee included): $475
If received BY April 6, 2018 (Early Bird Rate): $225
If received BY May 11, 2018 (Regular Rate): $265
If received AFTER May 11, 2018 (Late Fee included): $305
Bus Transportation***: $50
Embroidery on Goshen Hat (hat is free if paid in full by April 10): $7
ATV Program: $50
Shotgun Merit Badge Range Fee: $40
3-day Wilderness First Aid Course (Adults only): $70
* Weekly fee includes $35 Troop 233 add-on per Scout.
** Adults can split the week. To ensure sufficient adult supervision, the first five (5) adult ‘full week equivalent’ registrations are at no cost to the participants.
*** Most Scouts ride the bus. Bus fee is the same regardless of whether roundtrip or one-way. To ensure sufficient adult supervision, the first two (2) adult bus transportation registrations are at no cost to the participants.
Next Steps and Registration
The following checklist includes Scout & Adult requirements and activities in chronological order:
- Submit completed Troop 233 Goshen Camp Registration/Permission Form to Stephen Khovananth (firstname.lastname@example.org or 5808 Namakagan Road, Bethesda, MD 20816).
- Make full payment. Please refer to the fee schedule above and the payment options described below.
- Review and select Merit Badges. See page 12 of Camp Marriott Program Schedule to see the schedule of classes and select accordingly. Make sure to select your classes early to ensure you get your first choice. Each Scout should plan on a full schedule of activities. Provide selections to ASM Stephen Khovananth (email@example.com) for upload.
- Complete BSA Medical Form with NCAC Health Advisory and provide to Stephen Khovananth. Camp Marriott will conduct a medical check of participants (Scouts & Adults) upon unit arrival. Ensure all sections are complete and signed, especially Part C (by licensed medical provider).
- Participate in the Goshen Service Project organized by Dave Johnston (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Attend the Expectations Meeting and “Shake Down” Campout in May. Stay tuned for announcement of exact date and time.
Payments can be done by:
1) Paying with a check payable to Troop 233. Deliver to Stephen Khovananth, 5808 Namakagan Road, Bethesda, MD 20816, or give the check to a Adult Leader at the next troop meeting.
2) Paying with PayPal “Friends & Family”. Please note that you must use the “Friends and Family” selection; otherwise the troop will be charged a fee that we will then request you pay for as well. To pay using Paypal with no fees to the troop:
- Login to PayPal
- Click on ‘Pay or Send Money’.
- Click on ‘Send Money to Friends and Family’.
- Enter email@example.com in the email address and click on Next.
- Enter the amount and a note if you wish (e.g. Smith, Goshen, no bus) and click on Continue.
- Click on ‘Select Payment Method’ and choose your money source. If you choose your bank account or PayPal balance, you will not incur a fee. However, if you choose a credit card money source, you (not the troop) will be charged a fee.
- Click on ‘Send Money Now’.
Questions or Need More Info?
Location and contact info: Goshen Scout Reservation, 340 Millard Burke Memorial Highway, Goshen, VA 24439 Ph: 540-997-5773 or 540-997-1360.
Additional forms and downloads can be found here.