Registration Information for 2018 Goshen Summer Camp!
- Free Goshen 2018 Hat if paid in full by April 10, 2018
- FUN, learning, adventure, advancement and LOTS of merit badges!
- Adults very welcome. More adults mean better support for our scouts. Weekly fee can be shared by two adults.
What is Goshen?
Goshen Scout Reservation is a full-service camp about three hours from DC near Lexington, VA, in the Blue Ridge Mountains, in some of the most beautiful country in America. In 2018, we will return to Camp Marriott, which has a full lake waterfront on the camp’s own private 450-acre Lake Merriweather offering swimming, boating, kayaking and fishing. Other features include patrol cooking, a rifle-shotgun-archery range, Nature, Scoutcraft & Handicraft areas, hiking trails, trading post, & a “Trail to First Class” teaching area.
Camp Marriott Program Information including Merit Badge Classes.
For older scouts, Goshen offers “Trail to Eagle”, a Leadership/Team building course, Climbing Wall & an Extreme Scouting program. See below for links and brochures.
New Scouts, including Sr. Webelos transitioning to Boy Scouts, can complete some Scout, Tenderfoot, Second Class & First Class requirements while at camp. Numerous opportunities for fun, advancement, service and LOTS of MERIT BADGES, some of which (e.g. Lifesaving or Swimming) are difficult to earn outside of summer camp.
Programs at Goshen:
Stay tuned for more information, including fees, from Goshen as it becomes available.
Click here for photos from our 2017 summer of fun!
Questions or Need More Info?
Ask an older scout who has been to Goshen before, or call Amar Bhat, 202-415-0385, email@example.com or or Cassie Browning, (617) 872-9781, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location and contact info: Goshen Scout Reservation, 340 Millard Burke Memorial Highway, Goshen, VA 24439 Ph: 540-997-5773 or 540-997-1360.
Additional forms and downloads can be found here.
To submit payment, you may pay by check or use PayPal (see instructions below registration form). In addition, both scouts and adults staying more than one day will need to submit a completed medical form.
Payments can be done by:
1) Paying with a check payable to Troop 233. Deliver to Theresa Zmola, 5409 Newington Rd., Bethesda MD 20816, or give the check to a scout leader at the next troop meeting.
2) Paying with PayPal “Friends & Family”. Please note that you must use the “Friends and Family” selection; otherwise the troop will be charged a fee that we will then request you pay for as well. To pay using Paypal with no fees to the troop:
- Login to PayPal
- Click on ‘Pay or Send Money’.
- Click on ‘Send Money to Friends and Family’.
- Enter email@example.com in the email address and click on Next.
- Enter the amount and a note if you wish (e.g. Smith, Goshen, no bus) and click on Continue.
- Click on ‘Select Payment Method’ and choose your money source. If you choose your bank account or PayPal balance, you will not incur a fee. However, if you choose a credit card money source, you (not the troop) will be charged a fee (so you can still do this if you are fine paying a fee yourself).
- Click on ‘Send Money Now’.