Registration Information for 2017 Goshen Summer Camp!
- Get a Free Goshen 2017 Hat if paid in full by April 14, 2017
- Safe structured FUN, learning, adventure, advancement and lots of merit badges!
- Adults very welcome. More adults mean better support for our scouts. No need to stay the entire week.
What is Goshen?
Goshen Scout Reservation is a full-service camp about three hours from DC near Lexington, VA, in the Blue Ridge Mountains, in some of the most beautiful country in America. In 2017, we will return to Camp Marriott, which has a full lake waterfront on the camp’s own private 450-acre Lake Merriweather offering swimming, boating, kayaking and fishing. Other features include patrol cooking, a rifle-shotgun-archery range, Nature, Scoutcraft & Handicraft areas, hiking trails, trading post, & a “Trail to First Class” teaching area.
Camp Marriott Program Information including Merit Badge Classes.
For older scouts, Goshen offers “Trail to Eagle”, a Leadership/Team building course, Climbing Wall & an Extreme Scouting program. See below for links and brochures.
New Scouts can complete some Scout, Tenderfoot, Second Class & First Class requirements while at camp. Numerous opportunities for fun, advancement, service and LOTS of MERIT BADGES, some of which (e.g. Lifesaving or Swimming) are difficult to earn outside of summer camp.
More Info About Programs at Goshen:
Click here for a link to 2017 merit badge offerings and other info at Camp Marriott.
To learn more about Goshen, bus info, what to pack and other useful information, click here.
Fees Before 4/15 4/15 thru 5/12 5/13 or later
Youth $360 $400 $440
Adult* $225 $265 $305
Bus fee** $50 $50 $50
*Adult fee can be split among 2 or more adults “sharing” the week.
**Most scouts ride the bus. Bus fee is the same, regardless of whether roundtrip or one-way. Troop rides together. Families who do not pay the bus fee are responsible for their own transportation.
Questions or Need More Info?
Ask an older scout who has been to Goshen before, or call Amar Bhat, 202-415-0385, email@example.com; Denise Lewis, 301-452-7830, firstname.lastname@example.org; or Mac Thornton, 301-814-4155, email@example.com.
Location and contact info: Goshen Scout Reservation, 340 Millard Burke Memorial Highway, Goshen, VA 24439 Ph: 540-997-5773 or 540-997-1360.
Please fill out the form below to register. To submit payment, you may pay by check or use PayPal (see instructions below registration form). In addition, both scouts and adults staying more than one day will need to submit a completed medical form.
Current fees are $440 per scout, $305 per adult, $50 for bus
Payments can be done by:
1) Paying with a check payable to Troop 233. Deliver to Theresa Zmola, 5409 Newington Rd., Bethesda MD 20816, or give the check to a scout leader at the next troop meeting.
2) Paying with PayPal “Friends & Family”. Please note that you must use the “Friends and Family” selection; otherwise the troop will be charged a fee that we will then request you pay for as well. To pay using Paypal with no fees to the troop:
- Login to PayPal
- Click on ‘Pay or Send Money’.
- Click on ‘Send Money to Friends and Family’.
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the email address and click on Next.
- Enter the amount and a note if you wish (e.g. Smith, Goshen, no bus) and click on Continue.
- Click on ‘Select Payment Method’ and choose your money source. If you choose your bank account or PayPal balance, you will not incur a fee. However, if you choose a credit card money source, you (not the troop) will be charged a fee (so you can still do this if you are fine paying a fee yourself).
- Click on ‘Send Money Now’.