Senior Patrol Leader Responsibilities
- Runs all troop meetings, events, activities, and the semi-annual program planning conference by the PLC.
- Runs the Patrol Leaders’ Council (PLC) meetings.
- Appoints other troop junior leaders with the advice and counsel of the Scoutmaster.
- Assigns duties and responsibilities to junior leaders.
- Assists the Scoutmaster with junior leader training.
- Ensures that patrol leaders have up to date lists of scouts in their patrols and contact information, for purposes of communications.
- Conducts “call-downs” by Patrol Leaders, proactively maintaining contact with and responding within one day to the Patrol Leaders (and the Scoutmaster) to ensure they perform the necessary phone/email attempts to contact patrol members.
- Sets a good example with appearance, spirit and leadership techniques.